I made this cake last week and, as usual, we finished it off in no time. They looked cute and the flavours of vanilla and chocolate together were just great.
3/4 cup - whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tbsp - sunflower oil
1/3 cup - dark muscovado sugar (or any other sugar)
1/4 tsp - bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp - baking powder
3 tbsp - low fat yogurt
1/3 cup - water at room temperature
a pinch of salt
1/2 - vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
dark chocolate (melted and cooled) and mascarpone cheese, mixed vigourously, until smooth and glossy.
Sorry for not providing the exact measurements for the icing. I was so preoccupied that I forgot the amount of chocolate and mascarpone I used in the icing.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C and grease 3 ramekins.
- In a bowl, mix together the sunflower oil, sugar, yogurt,vanilla seeds and water.
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in an another bowl.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix lightly with a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased ramekins, filling three quarters.
- Place the ramekins in the center of the preheated oven and bake until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Carefully cut the cakes horizontally through the middle and roughly spread the chocolate-mascarpone icing in between and on the top.
- Serve immediately.
Sending this to EFM Cakes and Bake Series of Srishkitchen.