Festivals mean joy and happiness and gifts :-) and of course loads of goodies... I thought I should start this month and welcome Diwali with these mini bournvita cakes.
They are simple to make and the main ingredient of these cakes is Bournvita, of which I am an addict. Of course, if you do not have Bournvita, you can use your own favourite brand of malt-chocolate drink. I have been drinking this good old powder mixed with my milk since childhood and its now a habit for life. I make sure that I stock up on Bournvita every time I visit India, enough to last me the whole year.
These mini bundt cakes looked insanely cute and together with the bournvita cream icing they tasted just heavenly. If you love bournvita like me, then, I am sure you would love these cuties too :-)
2 tbsp heaped - whole wheat flour
2 tbsp - muscovado sugar (more or less)
1 1/2 tbsp - bournvita powder
1/2 tsp - cocoa powder
1/8 tsp - baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 tbsp - sunflower oil
4 tbsp - low fat milk
3 tbsp - cream
1/2 tsp - bournvita
1/4 tsp - castor sugar
mix everything together and beat until thick
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C and grease 7 mini bundt cake pans.
- In a bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, sugar, bournvita powder, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix well the oil and milk.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix lightly.
- Spoon the batter in to the greased bundt cake pans and place them in the center of the preheated oven and bake for approx 7-8 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool on a wire rack completely before decorating them with the bournvita cream.